Development and deployment of software used to control and monitor unmanned surface vehicles including related tools and testing.
- Design and specification of the software elements of the control systems used by the business.
- Software development, in a Linux and/or Windows based environment using C, C++, Qt framework, Python or other appropriate languages and frameworks.
- Basic user interface design using Qt framework (both Qt Widgets and QML).
- Developing software interfaces and protocol libraries to integrate various hardware components.
- Basic PLC programming using CoDeSys and Structured Text.
- Work with customers, sales, system engineering and other appropriate areas to assist in defining and breaking down of detailed requirements.
- Production of required technical documentation.
- Provide technical input for detailing requirements.
- Provide estimates for resources and timescales to develop control systems.
- Dealing with the unique challenges that arise in the emerging area of autonomous boats.
Skills and Experience Required;
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject or with equivalent relevant experience.
- Proven skills in software development in Windows or Linux Environment.
- Familiar with C++ in particular but other languages such as C and Python will also be a significant advantage.
- Ideally familiar with the Qt framework, however this is not essential.
- A knowledge and appreciation of relevant hardware systems such as PLC's and digital electronics.
- Experience with the development and test of high reliability or safety critical software.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other