The Commissioning team manages and undertakes the commissioning of capital projects on wastewater and clean water sites throughout the region. A Process Commissioning Engineer provides input throughout design and construction of a project, before leading it through successful commissioning. Process commissioning on wastewater plants encompasses a wide range of biological, chemical and physical processes, including activated sludge, trickling filters and phosphorus removal via chemical dosing.
As the Process Commissioning Engineer, you will ensure that each project is fully tested and optimised, including the completion of all necessary documentation, to ensure the scheme is successfully handed over to Operations.
As the Process Commissioning Engineer, you can expect your role to include:
- producing interim and design commissioning plans as the design develops
- contributing to design, including reviewing and providing technical input to HAZOPs, Control Philosophies and URS.
- leading and documenting (using the URS) the software FAT, ensuring that the control meets all the requirements of the URS and standards
- raising process risk assessments when requested by the site construction team
- coordinating all necessary sampling activities to ensure that compliance is always maintained
- coordinating the activities of contractors and sub-contractors in starting up new equipment safely and thereafter
- coordinating testing and ensuring that activities, roles, and responsibilities are clearly understood by all parties.
- liaising between Operations, E&C and contractors to ensure all risks associated with commissioning are addressed and managed correctly
- ensuring all testing is adequately recorded and documented
- working with the Automation Engineer and other project team members to verify the operation of the plant and control system against the URS and other specifications
- recording testing progress using the URS and marking up any changes
- ensuring all telemetry information is tested and made live
- optimising new processes to establish maximum efficiency prior to handover to the end user for future operation
- conducting site training sessions.
- coordinating all process training activities
- coordinating the production of handover documentation, including as built URS and P&IDs
- providing regular progress feedback to the project team.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other