A modern and proactive East Midlands accountancy practice are looking for a Qualified Accountant/Manager to join their Burton Upon Trent team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge that offers fantastic career progression and full flexible working.
Successful applicants must have experience of working for an accountancy practice. Perhaps you are recently ACCA qualified or Part ACCA qualified, consideration will be given to candidates who can demonstrate qualification through relevant experience.
Working for a dynamic and forward-thinking accountancy firm, the role is focused on dealing directly with a variety of small and medium sized businesses clients and individuals in the Midlands and further afield. You will get the opportunity to build client relationships offering a service beyond a pure compliance and technical accounting. The role offers you the chance to develop into a more all-round advisory and accounting professional and to become a trusted advisor to your clients.
In addition, you will be in responsible for:
- Completion of management accounts, year end accounts and corporation tax returns.
- Completion of self-assessment tax returns.
- Being a key point of contact for Clients.
- Assisting in training and reviewing Junior members within the team.
- Managing an accounts team.
The successful applicant will have:
- ACCA Qualified or Qualified by experience.
- At least 5 years Accounting experience within a practice environment.
- Experience of mentoring or leading a small team.
- Strong accounts preparation and corporation tax knowledge.
- Excellent IT Skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Good communication skills, written, verbal and active listening.
- Confidence when dealing with clients.
- Methodical and logical thinking skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to use initiative to identify problems and provide solutions.
In return, they offer a competitive salary, excellent progression opportunities, a great benefits package including flexible working hours.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Accountancy
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)