Senior IT Service and Support Technician, Buckinghamshire
We are looking for an experienced 2nd Line Support Technician providing reactive technical support to resolve incidents and service requests, including analysis, investigation and resolution of hardware and software issues as applicable, providing proactive IT support in the form of workshops and drop-in sessions to all levels of staff across our client and assist with audio visual equipment and events being fully focused on service excellence and expedite investigations/ resolutions to incidents, whilst driving the appropriate actions to safeguard service and ensure that OLAs and SLAs are maintained providing support for IT systems with a good technical understanding of computer hardware, software and other associated technologies.
It is essential that you have strong oral and written communications skills and enjoy working as part of a team supporting your colleagues to adapt to change and collectively deliver a great service
- Organise and provide support for all aspects of hardware and software technologies used across our clients estates. For example, this will include (but not be limited to) telephony, mobile devices and meeting/conference room equipment.
- Take ownership of incidents and service requests, where appropriate, and ensure that regular communication with business partners is maintained through the lifecycle of the incident or request.
- Liaise with and drive technical support teams (Windows, Mac and Mobile Apps) toward resolution of incidents across the vast range of applications and services provided within our client
- Use appropriate tools to ensure the suitable logging, progression and escalation of jobs.
- Refer issues to subject matter experts, both internally and externally.
- Provide support for office relocations, regional offices, meetings and conference events. This will also include some out of hours working, including weekend/evenings, and could involve some domestic travel.
- Responsible for management of own workload and time escalate issues to team leader, as well as plan workshops, drop-in sessions and audio-visual events.
- After appropriate training, assist in the set-up and operation of a wide array of AV equipment (e.g. cameras, mixing desk, lighting, microphones etc.) used at events.
- Provide proactive support through workshops and drop-in sessions, where they will instruct staff on the use of hardware and software and solve problems that people present during the session.
Skills and experience
Proven experience of successfully supporting IT systems and software in a work environment, Windows, Mac and Mobile Apps
Evidence of a customer focused approach to work
Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with people across a range of areas and levels
Good technical understanding of computer and audio-visual hardware and technologies
Sound understanding of IT support processes and procedures
Experience of working as part of an IT support team
Evidence of independent working and planning tasks to defined timescales
Experience of instructing and coaching users in the use of technology
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other