The post holder will head up a team of direct reports within a wider team of approx 30 people. You will be responsible for providing technical leadership and guidance in the Wastewater Civil discipline to the design team in the delivery of water and / or wastewater projects.
The role involves detailed technical analysis as well as technical governance and ensuring project delivery with excellence in mind. You'll act as a leader of schemes working with the Project Design Leads and stakeholders to ensure delivery, value for money and innovation are brought into the process.
- Resource management and line management of staff including duties ensuring staff development and performance appraisals.
- Technical guidance and leadership of the project team
- Stakeholder liaison and report preparation
- Leading in the preparation of design calculations, specifications, datasheets and technical content of contracts.
- Carrying out approval of designs and ensuring technical governance & QA are adhered to within the team
- Financial management/costing of projects to ensure cost savings in delivery
- Management of sub-consultants including supplier selection, performance appraisal and invoice approval
- Resolution of complex design issues.
- MEng/BEng/BSc or HNC in an Engineering, Environmental or numerate science related subject.
- Chartered Engineer of an appropriate Engineering /Scientific Institution
- Proven and demonstrable technical background in delivering wastewater projects within the UK Water Industry to time and budget whilst in compliance with quality, safety and environmental procedures.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the engineering theory and principles relevant to their particular discipline.
- Worked at a Principal/Senior Engineer (or equivalent) for at least 5 years with extensive knowledge of solution development and design.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the commercial operating environments of consultants, contractors and suppliers, relevant to the particular discipline. Understanding of the commercial processes of the organisation.
- Complete and detailed understanding of the AMP cycle.
- Knowledge of the audit processes and practices in relation to the application of technical standards to design, construction and operation activities, developing standards that balance the risk between safety, customer expectations, compliance, OPEX and CAPEX.
- Excellent salary of up to £65k dependant on experience
- Some remote working may be considered but candidate must be commutable to Falmer, Brighton
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Excellent company pension contribution
- 37 hour working week - Monday to Friday
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other