To produce design schemes and detail drawings that meet company, regulatory and customer requirements.
- Responsible for the design and detail modeling of a variety of suite components in order to meet programme requirements.
- Produce designs to meet specified cost/weight targets.
- Design Engineers will be expected to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and suppliers.
- Participate in Design Reviews throughout each phase of the New Product Introduction process.
- The selection and application of materials and processes appropriate to each design element.
- Ensure the successful integration of each design element within the product as a whole.
- Check engineering packages.
- Participate in the validation of the product (using such methods as prototyping, test, DFMEA).
- Follow and contribute to the development of the Best Practice guidelines.
- From time to time, Design Engineers must be prepared to undertake tasks outside of their normal duties as requested by their immediate supervisors.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum HNC in a Mechanical Engineering related field.
- Proven track record in Mechanical Design Engineering within a regulated environment such as Aerospace or Automotive. Previous experience of the aircraft interiors and/or seating with be a distinct advantage.
- Solid 3D CAD skills using CATIA V5 is essential.
- Competent user of MS Office packages.
- Understanding of the effective application of tolerances and a working knowledge of manufacturing processes such as:
- Vacuum forming
- Injection moulding
- Composite materials
- Trim and finish
- An understanding of the selection of appropriate hardware (fasteners etc)
- Protective treatments
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with little supervision.
- Solid planning and organisation skills.
- Ability to deliver to demanding deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish good working relationships within and across departments
- Effective team player.
This contract role has been deemed inside IR35 so only contracts PAYE or via an umbrella company can be considered. Rates of pay are either:
- PAYE: £23.82/hr plus holiday pay
- UMB: £32.00/hr
However, paying NET through a Ltd company (known as Deemed Ltd) can also be considered and discussed on application if preferred over PAYE/UMB.
Please do not apply if you are only interested in an outside IR35 contract.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other