SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Capital Improvement Programme:
- Report to Herefordshire Council's PMO and support the HCCI/HCCTP Programme Director and relevant, Economy and Place senior managers on work programmes/projects.
- Review and redesign existing local systems to fit with Corporate Programme Management processes and procedures (PMO), for monitoring and managing effective delivery of the Council's HCCTP/HCCI Capital Programme and Departmental, Capital and Revenue funded programmes and projects as needed.
- Capital Programme Management responsibility for programmes and projects under the remit of the Economy and Place Directorate/PMO, including the HCCTP/HCCI- and providing project data information i.e. programme milestones, financial data, risks and issues and reporting these to senior managers, and project and programme governance boards.
* Draft Project briefs on behalf of the client and undertake the procurement and commissioning of technical and other work needed to deliver projects, in line with the PMO Programme Management Framework.
* Assist to put in place processes and procedures in relation to the management of the Capital Programme and other Directorate projects, which ensure the continual development and embedding of a performance culture throughout the Directorate, through capital programme monitoring meetings, one to ones, inter-team/cross-departmental co-operation and sharing good practice.
* Interrogate, monitor and report on budgets, income and expenditure movement related to the Capital Programme and liaise with the Strategic Capital Programme Manager.
* Lead on the collation, maintenance and provision of information related to the other Corporate Capital Programmes and relevant Council's priorities, including through inter-departmental communication, corporate board reporting, publicity, data returns and Freedom of Information requests. To lead on and undertake procurement and commissioning activities as part of the Economy & Place Directorate and Highways and Transport Capital Programme, as needed
Extensive experience and proven track record of delivering Major Infrastructure projects/Capital Programmes- Essential
Extensive Transport planning/engineering, regeneration and/or planning experience- having operated at team lead level. Essential
Extensive, complex budget management experience- Essential
Experience in liaising with Members and working in a political organisation- Essential
Experience of Corporate Programme Management Frameworks- Essential
Programme/Project management qualification- Desirable
Working conditions / environment:
Required on site visits 4-5 times a month
- 37.5 hours a week min
- Monday to Friday
- Weekly Pay
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Callum Laycock directly on 07901964657
- Email your CV to
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other