As the Capability Manager, you will join a small, yet diverse, team of specialists, delivering revolutionary mine hunting capability through maritime autonomous systems. You will provide technical advice, leadership and support, and develop activities leading to delivery of mine hunting capability to the Royal Navy.
In this post, you will develop your understanding of Defence Lines of Development, in order to successfully deliver this transformational capability to the Royal Navy. This post is vital in gaining an understanding of the capability and development of concepts of use, to ensure maximum capability is gained from the equipment provided and fully supported by all Defence Lines of Development, in order to successfully transition to service.
As the Capability Manager, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Leading the development and understanding across all Defence Lines of Development in order to successfully deliver transformational capability to the Royal Navy
* Leading stakeholder relationships across the Defence Lines of Development in pursuance of transition to service, ensuring appropriate agreements are in place across Defence Lines of Development
* Working closely with mine hunting capability trials team, to ensure all operational capability requirements, with respect to mine warfare, are fully trialled for all projects
* Monitoring the output and leading on recommendations for updates to Concepts of Use and Concepts of Employment
* Making technical recommendations as a result of mine hunting capability trials
* Providing support to mine hunting capability Chief Engineer
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* You will have expertise in mine warfare operations and doctrine, gained through either operations, or as a design authority, or other relevant role
* You will have experience leading diverse stakeholder groups
* You will hold a relevant Level 6 (or higher) Engineering/Science qualification, or have equivalent relevant technical experience
* You will hold Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status, or be able to achieve within 12 months of taking up the post
* You will be capable of making convincing technical arguments, providing advice in your field, and leading the delivery of successful outcomes
It would benefit your application if you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Knowledge and experience of autonomous systems, or an aligned discipline such as electronics, sensors or robotics
* Experience of introducing new technologies into service, including the required lines of development
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Improve Engineering Capability
* Technical Requirements, Evaluation & Acceptance
* Changing and Improving
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Selection process details
Simply click on the apply button to create an account and upload your CV. Your application will go through several stages of assessment which are outlined below:
1. Pre-sift - We will check that you meet any essential or eligibility criteria that are listed in the responsibilities section of this advert.
2. Sift - Applicants' CVs are assessed against the following categories, using a simple numerical scoring system:
* Key Achievements * Relevant Experience * Applied Knowledge and Skills
3. Interview - Applicants will be assessed against the Sift categories listed above, as well as the technical competencies and behaviours listed in the responsibilities section of this advert. More details about our DE&S Behaviours which can be found attached at the bottom of the page.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
- UK nationals
- nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
- nationals of the Republic of Ireland
- nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with settled or pre-settled status or who apply for either status by the deadline of the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
- certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other