Applications Specialist - integration required for a 6 month contract (likely to extend) based in Worthing (some flexible working arrangements)
Working for a leading utilities organisation, this position is part of Application services team helping deliver the departments overall objectives in the short and long term. The role will be expected to liaise with the Service delivery and project delivery counterparts, to ensure that the applications are supported & projects are delivered to the highest standards.
- Responsible for application support and Continual Improvement taking into account functional and non-functional requirements
- Analyse business needs as they relate to client business objectives and creation of lean processes
- Develop solutions on Enterprise Middleware platforms according to business requirements
- Support new project implementation aligned with business objective and solution architecture.
- Implement new releases of existing business application software, capturing end user requirements and configuring, testing and integrating with business systems as necessary.
- Provide 2nd line support for business applications under role scope
- Produce specifications and designs for application and its components to meet defined business needs, retaining compatibility with enterprise and solution architectures.
- Specify, design and maintain mechanisms for storage and access to both structured and unstructured information, in support of business information needs.
- Experience in Software solutions support and implementation including creating technical documentation and user training
- Develop, implement and report the findings of suitable test schedules to measure and improve the quality of application solutions being deployed, to ensure that new and amended systems, configurations, packages, or services, together with any interfaces, perform as specified.
- Liaise with the integration team to integrate and test components and/or subsystems and their interfaces in order to create operational services.
- Liaise IT service desk to facilitate robust service support for new and upgraded application solutions.
- Ensure that project and business application support documentation is maintained.
- Coordinate the work of suppliers and contractors during the development, testing and implementation of new or upgraded business modules or solutions.
- Identify project related risks and escalate project technical issues in a timely manner
- Good development knowledge of Enterprise integration development tools
- Demonstrable experience of software development life-cycles including Waterfall, Agile
- Ability to develop unit testing of interfaces and perform complex integration solutions.
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects.
- Demonstrable experience of using development standards, integration best practice, concise documentation and quality assurance reviews
This role is to start ASAP and will pay between £500 - £650 per day ltd/umbrella (outside of IR35) depending on your level of experience.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other