Join an integral part of the UK's Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces' equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food, and ammunition. If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our country's armed forces to deliver on operations at home and abroad, then apply online now!
We recognise the challenges that people with (multiple) protected characteristics may experience on the job market and in their career progression. We are fully committed to being an inclusive employer and ensuring equal opportunities. We are keen to make our workforce as diverse as possible, and we hope to attract applications from underrepresented groups, including people with a disability, and people with gender diverse identities.
You will be based out of the location listed above in the advert, however, DE&S supports Smarter working, which empowers you to make decisions about when, where and how you work.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Cyber Team Lead to join our team in Bristol. You will be responsible to the Head of Engineering Group for delivery of a range of cyber security services to customers across defence and other government departments. These include delivery of cyber security consultancy tasks and outputs for Delivery Team customers, together with policy, guidance and training to improve our cyber culture and performance across DE&S/SDA and mitigate organisation-wide cyber risks. You will also support Delivery Team customers within the SDA. The SDA is responsible for the procurement, in service support and disposal of the UK's Nuclear Submarines.
You will have to opportunity to lead a team of approximately 20 which is expected to grow significantly in the next year and beyond. You will also have a key role in engaging expert cyber stakeholders outside of DE&S/SDA and delivering a broad range of cyber capability improvements including culture, education governance and tools.
You will be involved in projects across a variety of exciting areas supporting programmes that include next generation aircraft, unmanned vehicles, complex weapons, artillery systems, submarines, ships and space.
- Oversight of the portfolio delivered by the Cyber Internal Technical Support Team. This team delivers bespoke outputs as required to Delivery Teams across DE&S/SDA against negotiated performance, cost and time standards.
- Oversight of the Equipment Cyber Resilience Team. This team delivers a range of underpinning outputs to mitigate the corporate level cyber risk. Outputs include development of governance, guidance, standards, training and processes to be applied across DE&S/SDA.
- Technical leadership in cyber security for equipment and capability delivered to the Armed Forces, including procurement and support.
- Sharing best practice and learning from experience across DE&S/SDA through articles, masterclasses, community of interest events, etc.
- Developing relationships with external experts in cyber security, including wider MOD, industry and the National Cyber Security Centre.
- Strengthening internal relationships with cyber experts working in corporate information technology and collaboratively driving down cyber risk across the business.
- Growing DE&S/SDA equipment cyber capability through both upskilling and recruitment, including growing DE&S/SDA regional hubs in the UK.
- Developing our approach towards assessing the impact of cyber risks on equipment safety.
- Providing expert guidance to other cyber professionals in DE&S/SDA, including mentoring staff.
- Ensuring implementation and alignment with emerging governance and process improvement introduced by MOD centre.
- Representing DE&S/SDA at various cyber and information assurance groups and forums.
At DE&S, you will have the opportunity to regularly interact with senior leaders within the DE&S, SDA, wider MOD and industry
Please note that, due to security requirements, this post is open to Sole UK nationals only and the successful candidate must also be willing and be able to attain DV (Developed Vetting) clearance once in post.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Experienced leader with the ability to engage at senior level
- Holds Chartered Engineer or equivalent professional registration with a relevant professional body
- Experience with the application of security governance e.g. ISO 27001
- Proven track record of mitigating cyber risks
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Improve Engineering Capability
- Technical Decision Making
- Communicating and influencing
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other