Work Placement Assessor – Child Care & Education
We at Hello Education are working exclusively with a Further Education college in Sheffield to recruit a work placement assessor in respect of child care and education qualifications. The college in question feel passionately about creating a world-class environment for students which provides access to the very best facilities and equipment.
The core purpose of this role is to support and assess candidates in completing CACHE, Introductory Certificate and Diploma in Child Care and Education course at Level 2 & 3 in agreed timescales. The post holder will work as a member of the Care and Society Curriculum area.
The role is a Fixed Term, full time (term time only) contract until the 31.12.2021 at pay grade 5 - £23,451 - £25,991
Main Duties & Responsibilities
To provide skills/knowledge & input to candidates for CACHE level 2 and level 3/QCF qualifications and assess competence to national occupational standards with a caseload of learners.
- Assessor qualification is essential
- Educated to Level 2, and ideally level 3 in a relevant subject area is desirable i.e. Early Years, HSC, Business, e.g. NVQ/NNEB/DCE/BTEC
- PGCE, 7307, Cert Ed or other vocational teaching qualification, or Nursery nursing, primary teacher or teaching assistant qualification is desirable
- IOSH or equivalent health and safety qualification is desirable
- Knowledge and experience of working with the CACHE or BTEC award body criteria is essential
- Experience of working within early years educational environment is essential
- Experience of working with employers and others, and of the vocational/enterprise curriculum and its requirements, is desirable
- Experience of placement supervising (working with young people in a supervisory role would also be desirable)
- Experience of participating Internal Quality Audits (IAQ’s).
Technical Skills and Abilities
- Ability to write reports in a timely and keep records
- Ability to motivate and inspire students
- IT literacy – MS Office, especially MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. MS Outlook an advantage
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and on own initiative
- Time Management – the ability to plan and prioritise work to ensure key targets are met
- Communication skills – the ability to present ideas and information clearly, concisely and accurately both verbally and in writing
- Interpersonal skills - the ability to build and maintain effective professional relationships with internal customers and external contacts
- You must be committed to excellence, continuous improvement, customer focus, team working and self development
- Flexible and approachable, Enthusiastic and self motivated. Willingness to travel across the city in own transport.
If this sounds like a perfect role for you, then contact Mark Richardson on 07877 201680 for an informal chat.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education