My client is recruiting for a Field Service Engineer in the Water Sector
This is a field based role and would suit someone living in the Scottish central belt area however you will be required to travel to client sites throughout Scotland depending on your work schedule.
This role requires you to work at weekends and during public holidays as required and you will also be included on a rota to provide out of hours cover and rapid response to our clients.
As a Service Engineer you will be required to give our clients the best in class quality service. You will commission, service, maintain and repair standard water treatment products at customer's premises. You will contribute to the company's success by looking for added value sales opportunities whilst maximising productive working hours and minimising travel hours.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
- Service, maintain, repair and if required commission standard base exchange, filtration, deionisation, reverse osmosis and laboratory water treatment products within the necessary response time according to work instructions.
- Undertake on site refurbishment and installation work.
- Understand/demonstrate a knowledge of process, product and technical issues with an ability to fault find utilising first line investigation techniques.
- Advise and co-operate with the Scheduling Department on any issues affecting your ability to satisfy customer's requirements.
- Contribute to financial sales targets by recommending and quoting the necessary added value spares, refurbishments, media and consumable items to maintain the customer's equipment in optimum operating condition.
- Accurate and timely completion and submission of work reports, risk assessments, activity sheets and other necessary documentation.
- To observe, abide by and enforce the Company's and client's Health & Safety policies.
- Manage record and safeguard the stock, tools, safety equipment and documentation provided by the company.
- Generate sales leads for the complete range of products and services liaising with the appropriate commercial colleagues. Feeding back any competitor information as necessary.
Qualifications and experience:
- An HNC / HND in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or similar.
- GCSE or equivalent - English and Maths.
- A full UK driving license is required.
- A good level of IT competency
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience with the water industry would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Experience of having worked as a Service/Commissioning Engineer or in a Technical Support role would be an advantage.
- Passionate about providing a first class service to our customers.
- Good organisational skills with an eye for detail.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written, with the versatility to communicate at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrable experience of having built strong working relationships both internally and externally.
- A professional approach to your work and communication with colleagues and customers.
- Able to prioritise workload and manage multiple tasks.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other