Our client is looking for an individual who will ensure compliance with Wildlife Legislation and keep to the project standards.
Responsibilities of Ecological Clerk of Work
- Ecological Surveying and Monitoring along with Ecological Supervision of Habitat and species mitigation installation.
- Delivery of Ecological enhancements and supervision of construction or ground preparation work inclusive of vegetation clearance.
- Generate task briefs, meetings and deliver on-sire ecological advice to diverse teams.
- Preparation of precautionary Methods of working and Ecological Permits and building rapport with landowners, stakeholders, local communities and regulators.
Minimum Qualifications Needed for Role
- Membership of a chartered institute of ecology and environmental management (CIEEM) or Association of Environmental and Ecological Clerks of Work (AEECoW)
- Phase 1 Habitat and protected species surveying including the ability to identify habitat signs for great crested newt, bats, badgers, otters and water vole.
- A valid CSCS card or equivalent.
- Degree or equivalent in Ecology, Environmental Management or related discipline.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other