Our client is looking for an individual who will manage their team of Ecological Clerks of Work and aid with the implementation of Micro Habitats.
Chartered Ecological Institute Members, Full UK Driver License, Experience of delivering mitigation for Schedule 1 Species i.e., Kingfisher & Little ringed plover.
Responsibilities of Senior / Lead Ecologist
- Update plans on ecology and landscape management along with site-specific environmental management plans.
- Implementing micro habitats features such as bat boxes, hibernacula, reptile egg-laying heaps, invertebrate/reptile banks etc.
- Species survey and mitigation along with additional surveys relevant to your area of work.
- Preparation of precautionary Methods of working and Ecological Permits and building rapport with landowners, stakeholders, local communities and regulators.
Minimum Qualifications Needed for Role
- Membership of a chartered institute of ecology and environmental management (CIEEM) or Association of Environmental and Ecological Clerks of Work (AEECoW)
- Phase 1 Habitat and protected species surveying including the ability to identify habitat signs for great crested newt, bats, badgers, otters and water vole.
- A valid CSCS card or equivalent.
- Degree or equivalent in Ecology, Environmental Management or related discipline.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other