Construction Manager Birmingham Ref: 512375
I am looking for an experienced Construction Manager to join my clients Ground Engineering team working on HS2 across Birmingham. This is role would suit someone from an earthworks background who has experience with piling and diaphragm walls. You will be responsible for the efficient running and resourcing of site operations in order to support the work of either a large individual project or multiple projects whilst achieving excellence in safety, quality, sustainability and efficiency.
Construction Manager Package:
£70,000 - £75,000
Pension match +2%
Construction Manager Role:
· Ensure that the process strategy and in particular the culture of the JV and its impact on project delivery is clearly communicated understood by site staff teams.
· Work with the Project Manager to oversee all site activities including logistics, temporary works, plant and people interface to ensure safe execution of the works.
· Manage the programme for the deployment of site staff and plant to the projects.
· Build a good working relationship with the various project departments to ensure that the correct plant and tools are selected and delivered to the project sites in a timely manner and that they are fit for purpose.
· Ensure that all work carried out on site is in strict compliance with the work procedures and the BMS
· Partner all projects within the area of responsibility to ensure the right quantity, quality and skills mix of operatives are provided within agreed timelines - both at site set up and during the full life cycle of the project
· Ensure apprentices and workforce are fully developed to maximise their competence
· Work closely with the whole process team (operations, preconstruction, commercial, plant, resource, QA and design), to ensure an effective and efficient project delivery.
· Ensure that all the operations team are compliant
· Management System through support and audit.
· Manage, develop and coach site teams to ensure that deliverables are met.
· Ensure a focus on Zero Harm
Construction Manager Essential Requirements:
· Minimum of Managers & Professionals level CPCS Qualification
· Ability to effectively manage conflict and negotiation
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally.
· Knowledge of Health and Safety Management
· Experience in delivering major infrastructure projects
· Knowledge of training requirements within the BMS
· Understanding of piling and diaphragm wall techniques
· Project Management qualification
· Strong computer skills - focused on Excel / Word / PowerPoint and ideally and ideally conversant with other software, e.g. MS Project.
· Previous management experience in a similar Geotechnical environment
· Experience of working with a blue-collar workforce
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other