Project Manager (Human Capability) - 12 month contract - Yeovil - £28ph UMB or £22.12ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You will need to obtain a Criminal Record Check. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC. In addition, this role involves direct access to ITAR Material. Therefore we can only consider UK Nationals for this position. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
There is an immediate need for a Project Manager to join the team that delivers human, social and behavioural research into MOD.
The role is to provide project management of multiple tasks delivering human, social and behavioural sciences research to DSTL, MOD and OGDs. The role will ensure the accurate management of the programme and task information.
- The individual will have a good eye for detail and will manage project budgets, spend and risks.
- The individual will be able to accurately manage project information and be trusted to keep programme spreadsheets updated in a timely manner.
- The individual will build up project estimates, including project risks and take these through the approval process.
- The individual will respond to clarification questions that arise during the competition process.
- The individual will lead customer and supplier meetings.
- Review Customer requirements to ensure the project management elements are clear.
- Review supplier proposals to evaluate their ability to deliver research work (i.e. reviewing their schedules, assumptions, dependencies and risks).
- Manage the monitoring and controlling of task finances.
- Maintain accurate records showing a high level of attention to detail.
- Produce cost, schedule and resource estimates for the project management element of the research tasks.
- Manage communications with suppliers and Customers to resolve issues and ensure that expectations are clear.
- Review project progress against the project baseline and determine and agree control actions where needed.
- Negotiate baseline changes with the supplier and Customer organisations.
- Identify areas for improvement and support enhancements in line with continuous improvement methodology.
Your skills and qualifications as a Project Manager:
- Project management techniques and tools
- Working to defined and structured lifecycle processes with formal gate reviews and a culture of measurement and continuous improvement
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Stakeholder Management
- Risk management and/or change management
- Working to quality standards and qualifications, AS9100 desirable
What we're looking for in you:
- 'Can do' attitude; deliver on commitments within agreed budgets and timescales
- Influencing and inter-personal skills
- Self-organisation and good time management
Ideally, you have an honours degree or equivalent Project Management qualification, although relevant knowledge and experience may offset the qualification requirements. You will be required to obtain full Security Clearance.
Regular travel (UK South/ South East) may be required (approx. 1 day per week - currently home working during pandemic)
Hybrid role (approx. 3 days per week in the office)
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other