Individuals in this team enjoy the variety of work with the ability to support a number of platforms and engage a vast number of stakeholders.
The ITS team continues to exceed client expectation, providing novel or system engineering solutions to challenging problems. As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to work across the entire project life-cycle, and will be instrumental in helping clients translate military customer needs into clear technical and contractual requirements. You will oversee delivery, develop robust acceptance plans, and solve in-service problems.
For over four years, the ITS has provided support across a range of projects, including the Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carriers, P-8A Poseidon Maritime Patrol Aircraft, Mine Warfare, Maritime Command and Control, Submarines, Typhoon Fast Jets, Tactical Data Links, Guided Weapons, Multi-Role Vehicle - Protected (MRV-P), Warrior Infantry Fighting Vehicles, Skynet and Air Defence Systems. If you are a systems engineer who is passionate about supporting our Armed Forces or contributing towards our national security then we want to hear from you.
Please be advised that due to the nature of security, some of these roles are reserved for sole UK nationals only.
As a Systems Engineering Consultant, you will collaborate with colleagues to deliver and support our military capabilities, working alongside delivery teams to support routine activities and respond creatively to emerging challenges. You will develop a range of system engineering products, including requirements documents, integrated test and evaluation plans, innovative system and capability architectures, and engineering management plans. You will ensure that these products meet your client's needs, addressing the unique situation each project faces.
You will drive some of the most complex and critical programmes forward, making a real difference to lives in the UK and abroad, and advancing state of the art systems engineering.
The responsibilities of these posts will include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Understanding the inter-dependencies and interrelationships between systems
* Thinking across technical and professional disciplines, understanding the legal, commercial and technical implications of different options
* Explaining complex issues in a simple and compelling way to clients
* Managing large and complex portfolios of consultancy tasks to client satisfaction, cost and time
* Building rapport and trust and understand the customer's needs; quote for work and deliver it with pace and impact
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* You will have experience of providing technical consultancy services from within a regulated environment
* You will be a subject matter expert in systems engineering
* You will hold a minimum of a Level 4 qualification (e.g. HNC or higher) in a relevant Engineering or Science environment, or have equivalent relevant experience
* You will have stakeholder management experience
It would benefit your application if you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Defence working knowledge and experience across air, land, weapons or particularly, maritime platforms
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Technical Requirements, Evaluation & Acceptance
* Technical Decision Making
* Managing a quality service
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Selection process details
Simply click on the apply button to create an account and upload your CV. Your application will go through several stages of assessment which are outlined below:
1. Pre-sift - We will check that you meet any essential or eligibility criteria that are listed in the responsibilities section of this advert.
2. Sift - Applicants' CVs are assessed against the following categories, using a simple numerical scoring system:
* Key Achievements * Relevant Experience * Applied Knowledge and Skills
For additional guidance on writing a CV for DE&S, please click here
3. Interview - Applicants will be assessed against the Sift categories listed above, as well as the technical competencies and behaviours listed in the responsibilities section of this advert. More details about our DE&S Behaviours which can be found attached at the bottom of the page.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other