To investigate potential breaches of planning control, collect evidence, serve planning enforcement and related notices, give evidence in/for court and at planning enforcement appeals, and undertake other planning enforcement duties as appropriate.
Previous experience in an LPA Enforcement team is essential.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* To act with honesty and integrity and in accordance with the Council's Policies and Procedures.
* To work efficiently with the team to deliver an effective development management and planning enforcement service.
* To investigate potential breaches of planning control and assemble relevant evidence, occasionally working outside normal working hours.
* To monitor development granted permission and resolve identified non-compliance with approved plans and conditions in association with other officers.
* To resolve breaches of planning control by negotiation or formal means in an appropriate manner.
* To monitor compliance with planning and enforcement decisions.
* To prepare or assist in the preparation of evidence for appeals and prosecutions relating to planning enforcement matters. Where required, present evidence at Court hearings or planning appeals.
* To keep relevant interested parties aware of the progress of enforcement investigations in accordance with the Enforcement Plan
* To liaise with Councillors, officers, landowners, developers, members of the public and others, both in the office and throughout the Borough on public and private land.
* To liaise with other officers of the Authority, outside agencies and local authorities, on enforcement matters, to deliver an efficient and effective planning enforcement service.
* To communicate accurately and effectively and keep, and assist in keeping, accurate and up to date records of investigations into alleged breaches of planning control, working electronically where necessary.
* To work responsibly when away from the office and working alone, assessing potential risks, and following appropriate procedures for lone working.
* Undertake any other duties reasonably required by the Chief Officer (Planning and Infrastructure) relating to supporting corporate management of the Council and the delivery of the Planning Service.
Rates will range from £42-£43/h inside IR35.
The contract is initially three months, but will likely extend.
To apply, please call Daniel Baker on 07545 546 986 or apply via this advert.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other