A leading Healthcare Provider is recruiting for an exciting opportunity for an IT Project Manager to join them on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Head of IT, this individual will project manage several significant technology (application) transformation projects which are fundamental to the successful delivery of the organisation's growth ambitions.
The individual will be expected to confident, self-sufficient, proactive and have high energy. They will have a minimum of 8 years technology project management experience.
- Shape and define IT projects to meet business requirements, (challenge the technical aspects not just run the PM process)
- Negotiate and agree project objectives, scope, deliverables, timescales, and budgets
- Develop and maintain detailed and realistic project plans using appropriate tools. Identify and manage project dependencies, manage risks and the critical path
- Obtain approval for costs via Ex Co meeting. Track and manage costs within the approved budget, flagging exceptions and obtaining further funds if required
- Manage and co-ordinate the delivery of each stage of the project from the various providers and resources (business requirements, high level design, detailed design, build and test) to quality, time, and budget
- Manage third party software providers to time and budget
- Provide regular reports and updates in line with business stakeholder requirements
- Leverage technical team were required (e.g. info security, procurement, testing)
- Carry out corrective action to deal with slippage, quality issues or over-spend
- Manage changes in project scope or requirements, negotiating as necessary with business stakeholders
- Ensure solutions are fully tested - including functional, regression, user acceptance, performance and end-to-end testing as required
- Ensure controlled and successful implementation to the business, including all necessary hardware, software, data, training, and communication
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- At least 8 years-experience of IT Programme management (be confident to challenge and shape the technical aspects of the project)
- Track record of delivery of applications projects
- Delivery of projects of medium/large size and complexity, or a portfolio of smaller
- Prince2 / MSP qualified or experienced in PM methodology
- Health systems experience a distinct advantage
Salary on offer in the region of £60,000 per annum plus benefits package which includes 17% bonus. Role to be mainly remote working but with some travel to central London required.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other