Information Security Analyst required for a 12 month contract based in Worthing (flexible working from home arrangements)
Working OUTSIDE OF IR35 for a large scale utilities organisation, as IT Security specialist, you will be required to provide consultancy and support to projects and project managers to ensure IT Security policies and processes are being considered and delivered within new and ongoing initiatives. Your role will ensure that security industry best practices are being adhered to and that the businesses data, infrastructure and authentication is as secure as the risk profile requires. Project consultancy will be provided but not limited to, Privileged Access Management, Security Information and Event Management and Endpoint Detection and Response
- Documents and updates, as appropriate the information security policy, standards and processes ensuring these are up to date, communicated and actively considered during solution and service design.
- Responds to incidents and requests assigned to the SOC within SLAs
- Provide analysis and trending of log data
- Monitors, audits and reports on compliance to IT security standards highlighting compliance breaches or potential risks.
- Monitor and action requests and queries to the Information Security and Info Incident mailboxes.
- Assists in planning, management and execution of vulnerability and risk assessment projects
- Provides advice and practical assistance on information security risk and control throughout the organisation. Promotes security awareness to all staff.
- Vulnerability management reporting ensuring patching policies and process in place and that these are applied in a regular and controlled manner.
- Researches and tracks information about current security threats and potential vulnerabilities.
- Participates in ongoing quality assurance activities during the development and implementation stages of the IT security initiatives.
- Experience of threat assessment and vulnerability management across complex business structures, including the deployment, administration and management of network-based vulnerability scanners
- vulnerability and risk analysis, ability to use security tools.
- Maintenance and management of security systems/devices.
- Experience in each of the following functional areas - Identity & Access Management, Desktop, Device and Server Security, Network Security, Integration Security, Data Protection and Recovery, SIEM, PAM
This role is to start ASAP and will pay between £400 - £500 per day ltd/umbrella (OUTSIDE OF IR35) depending on your level of experience.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other