Our client, a well-known utilities organisation is requiring a Project Manager with explicit migration experience for data centre set up and/or supplier migration where there is porting is a new hosting environment. Experience of mass migration not individual application projects is mandatory.
The Project Manager is responsible for the planning, management and delivery of project(s) within a programme. The project(s) will deliver on an agreed objective within an agreed timescale, budget and quality constraints.
Accountable for :
- Managing any assigned projects to provide the deliverables needed by the organisation
- Planning the project and monitoring any dependencies with other initiatives
- Managing risks and issues, ensuring each has an owner and that appropriate mitigation is in place
- Keeping the project within budget
- Mobilising temporary project teams, providing task management and motivating staff to deliver to challenging timescales
- Ensuring that the quality of the project's deliverables are acceptable, balancing this against time and quality
- Participate fully as a professional member of the Change Delivery team to ensure a high performing environment.
- Professional Project Management accreditation e.g. OGC's Prince2 or PMP
- Experience of Mass Migration Projects and Data Centre set ups
- Solid and demonstrable experience of successful project delivery across a number of project domains and environments e.g. procurement, IT, organisational change
- An ability to remain positive, with a 'can do' attitude and ability to find pragmatic solutions to challenges
- An ability to influence decision makers and drive change in the behaviour of others
- Personally credible and able to gain respect and trust from stakeholders
- Articulate and able to communicate effectively
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills
- Resilient under pressure and able to work in a constantly changing environment.
Role is for an initial 6 month contract paying up to £550 per day outside IR35. Client based in Worthing but work to start fully remote with long term flexibility available but with some potential requirements to be in Worthing at some stage.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other