A fintech start-up in the insurance space is hiring a Head of Product to drive their B2B cloud platform forward in the UK.
The business targets SME insurance firms across the US and UK, and while their customer base in the US is gaining traction, they need someone with UK insurance product management experience to drive the growth nationally.
Quite simply, this company wants to simplify the insurance industry, not just for their clients but for their clients’ customers too.
They currently have a Product Manager and a team that’s made up of Designers, Testers, Developers, and Business Analysts, and this Head of Product role will take responsibility for the team. Given that it’s a leadership role, the expectation will be that you’ve previously managed other Product Managers (one at least) but are still capable of being hand-on with the delivery.
Previous Insurance experience is essential – non-negotiable – and if you have strong knowledge of insurance systems, that would be a big plus.
Any candidates without a background in insurance product management will not be considered for this role, unfortunately.
The role will be fully remote for the immediate future, though once the new office in North Yorkshire has been confirmed there will be the expectation for office presence. The estimated expectation is once or twice a month.
- Full ownership of the development and strategy of the product
- Responsible for the product roadmap and overall product strategy
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership, the Tech Team, and other stakeholders to ensure the best customer experience is produced
- Identify new business opportunities, predominantly in the UK but also in the US
- Manage key supplier relationships
- Lead an excellent, close-knit team in the growth of the product platform
- Take responsibility for the delivery of the platform, and being committed to being hands-on
- Previous Insurance product management experience is essential
- Detailed knowledge of insurance systems would be a huge benefit, though isn’t essential
- Background in delivering B2B SaaS products
- Previous Agile experience is essential
- Technical background is highly desirable. At the very least, previous experience as a Product Owner is essential
- Strong communicator, with the ability to present ideas and solutions to Board-level stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Commercially astute with the ability to balance customer and business needs.
???????If you have the experienced required for the role and are looking for a role that will both challenge and reward you, then don’t hesitate to apply!
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Insurance