An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and self-driven Principal Health and Safety Advisor to join our client in Bolton. If you are passionate about health and safety and reducing our impact on the environment, this challenging but rewarding position may be for you.
The successful candidate will be supporting management and employees on site and during trials in the area of health, safety and environmental aspects. You will work closely with a number of departments in the business, including engineering, manufacturing, facility maintenance and security.
What we're looking for
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (level 6 preferred)
- Certificate in Environmental management (preferred)
- Significant experience and expertise in Safety, Health, Environment
- Broad understanding of manufacturing and laboratory technologies
- Knowledge of SHE legislation and its application.
- Ability to influence and engage employees at all levels in the organisation.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to translate complex information into easily to understand working text.
Here's what's in it for you
You will have the opportunity to gain practical and professional experience in a challenging sector. We are a supportive and high performing team that exposes team members to all aspects of Safety, Health and Environment activities in the pursuit of professional development and team cohesion.
As part of a trans-national defence company you will have the opportunity to contribute to international policies and procedures. This may involve some travel opportunities, mainly UK.
Ensuring that the Company SHE policies and procedures are effectively implemented at the Bolton sites through the provision of support/assistance to managers/employees ensuring good safety standards are maintained and contribute to a safety culture of continual improvement.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other