Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So, talk to us about what's ideal for you - from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
We have ambitious growth plans in this area including moving beyond consultancy-based services and towards products and managed services as part of our end-to-end asset management service philosophy. We are backing this with investment to rapidly grow our staff capability and capacity and to develop new products and services. Our services span into other sectors in the UK and globally, leveraging existing strategic partnerships with leading asset management system providers.
Our Digital Asset Management Practice forms part of the 900-person strong UK Consultancy Practice within the Transportation Division and is responsible for working with our strategic markets to win and subsequently deliver Digital Enterprise Asset Management projects across the Highways and Rail sectors in the UK and Europe. Our clients include Highways England, Transport Scotland, Welsh Government, Local Authorities, Department for Transport, Network Rail, HS2, TfL and TfGM. We provide a digitally enabled offering, through a range of advisory, delivery and managed services which are tailored to these sectors, building on the expertise.
As a Solution Architect working within the Digital Asset Management practice you will be leading the creation of digital offerings to a number of different clients, on a range of different projects. Through close client engagement you will advise clients on cloud-based solutions and act as the technical SME to ensure these are delivered.
You will have significant experience of working with senior client technical teams to understand requirements and shape the "to be" cloud platforms environment. This means you will have excellent communications skills, together with the ability to develop solid working relationships with clients from varied backgrounds. You will have the ability to innovate strategically with a passion for keeping abreast of technical developments and their application to cloud services, data analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning. You will be required to proactively shape delivery within tightly constrained technical and business environments.
The Solution Architect - Azure Platform is responsible for:
- Supporting bid and proposal work where cloud capabilities are required - acting as technical SME.
- Taking a lead in client engagement to advise on cloud-based technical solutions to solve client problems.
- Delivering technical solutions - managing a team of consultants or working independently.
- Assisting in developing a SaaS model for deploying solutions to clients.
- Relevant Degree.
- Azure Solution Architect certification (preferred), or other relevant Azure certification.
Essential Criteria -
- Experience of establishing platform requirements to meet client needs and advising on cloud strategy and architecture.
- Good understanding of cloud architectures and patterns (IaaS, PaaS, Serverless, Microservices).
- Demonstrable experience of designing cloud-based solutions to support analytics, machine learning/AI and big data platforms.
- Proven track record of adopting Agile methodologies to effectively manage the development of iterative solutions.
- Experience in managing teams of software developers to realise complex cloud-solutions.
- Understanding of relevant ITIL processes (Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Management).
- Practical experience of software development, and SQL/NoSQL databases.
Desirable Criteria -
- Experience of using cloud-based analytics in heavy infrastructure domains to support Asset Management (e.g. Highways, Rail Utilities, Oil & Gas, Highways).
- Understanding of Enterprise Asset Management technology solutions (preferably one of Ellipse, Maximo, SAP or Oracle).
- Understanding of the requirements of IoT platform capabilities.
- Experience in working closely with clients to develop Digital Twin models.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other