The project engineering manager (PEM) will manage a portfolio of projects in the Engineering directorate. This team exists to support the business in their delivery of the major capital projects and strategic thinking about the projects that we will invest capital expenditure in for the future and which projects can be developed as alternative to traditional construction builds.
Whilst at the core of the role is an ability to project manage, the post will suit candidates with an appetite to think more strategically about how problems are solved; working collaboratively across different directorates at UU.
- Delivery to time, cost and quality drivers across a matrix organisation
- Developing the project plan from client brief through to handover.
- Delivery to time, cost and quality drivers (TCQi)
- Agreeing and managing multi-disciplinary teams across the matrix organisation
- Managing project budget including writing and presenting business cases at corporate governance group
- People management in a project environment, where formal line management doesn't exist
- Engaging with consultants and specialist including procurement of the same
- Suitable risk management including adequate escalation of issues outside of your control
- Being the champion for the project within the business and from time to time representing the business externally
Knowledge and Skills
- Significant post graduate experience & Professionally Qualified or equivalent professional experience
- Member of APM or holds APMP or Prince2 Qualification
- Proven experience of leadership of complex projects in a project management role
- Proven communication skills with an ability to engage with stakeholders and colleagues to develop solutions to complex problems
- Proven experience of risk management
- Proven ability to manage budget and direct project controls
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of adopting innovation particularly with emerging technologies and environmental solutions
- Proven post graduate experience within the water industry
- Experience of working on catchment strategy or integrated catchment management
PEMs are also deployed across the capital delivery team to develop and progress batches of capital projects. There may be a need as workload varies across the AMP cycle to move PEMs between teams.
Although the role is based at Lingley Mere, PEMs will need to be able to travel to other UU sites to fulfil their duties
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other