Purpose of the Role
Create, maintain, report and manage detailed plans for Project Managers. Liaising with the Work Package Managers to ensure all information is current and inform the Project Managers of issues that affect the project delivery.
To promote and support the use of tools (SAP) and procedures for project planning and project control.
Assist with coaching and mentoring to Trainee Planners.
- Accountable to the Project Manager for accurately and timely development of the project plan and associated costs that capture all the work required to achieve the project's objectives within the project's Business Case
- Plan, create and maintain the Project schedules and WBS in conjunction with Work Packages Managers and Project Managers as the basis for monitoring and reporting progress on NATS projects
- Collect, correlate and evaluate project progress data to ensure that project progress can be measured against the project schedule and plan
- Accountable to the Project Manager for accurate and timely progress reporting in line with the latest published reporting calendar throughout the project lifecycle.
- Analyse project performance and Critical Path, reporting status and potential problems to the project manager. Attend reviews and meetings to support the Project Managers, providing data and reports to give visibility of project status and performance
- Highlight ideas & opportunities to reduce project out turn cost & work to secure savings.
- Attend progress review meetings to review WP forecast and remaining work
- Accountable for ensuring all plans comply to NATS standard procedures
- Accountable for continuous improvement of planning in NATS
- Provide training to Project Planners, Trainee Planners & Project Managers
Qualifications, professional knowledge and Skills
- Experience of project planning in SAP and Microsoft Project Professional 2019
- Knowledge of the project environment or ATC / technical background
- Proven analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills essential to be able to work effectively with project teams at all levels
- Effective communication skills both verbal & written, including report writing.
- A recognised Project Professional qualification.
- In-depth understanding of the principles of Activity Management
- An understanding of associated procedures such as: Inter company Trading agreements, project finance and settlement to fixed assets
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other