SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for all states of drafting and making experimental and permanent Traffic Orders.
- Responsible for carrying out all stages of consultation with statutory consultees, emergency services, members, interested bodies or individuals as specified in the Local Authority Procedure Regulations.
- Responsible for advertising the proposed and the finalised Traffic Order as specified in the Procedure Regulations.
- Responsible for liaison with the Council's legal section to formalise the Orders.
- Responsible for undertaking administrative/technical duties, including dealing with technical enquiries and liaising with outside organisations such as the Police, etc.
- Ensure compliance with agreed procedure regulations and monitoring the progress of all correspondence.
- Maintain records and arrange distribution as necessary and undertake such things as filing and photocopying.
- Assist Traffic Engineers with traffic related matters, including the design of small parking schemes.
- Responsible for carrying out public consultation with Councillors and public on small parking schemes, analysing results and reporting to Portfolio Holder with recommendations.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating PARKMAP database and Map explorer to enable use by other Council employees.
- Responsible for updating Traffic Orders to reflect changes in legislation.
- Any other duties within the scope of the grade as may be required from time to time.
- Experience of word processing and computer databases - in particular, Microsoft Word is desirable.
- Experience of working with scale plans is desirable.
- Experience in using PARKMAP and Map Explorer (essential).
- Ability to design small parking schemes.
- Report writing (essential).
- Detailed knowledge of the requirements of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
- Detailed knowledge of Traffic Order Procedure Regulations (essential).
- Previous experience in the Traffic Order making process (essential).
- High level of enthusiasm and commitment.
- Meticulous in attention to detail.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other