Are you looking to take the next step in your Social Care career? We are currently recruiting a fantastic opportunity for a Team Leader for our client in Sheffield.
The role will involve working across two homes supporting people with Learning Disabilities and Autism with all aspects of daily living, including household tasks, social interactions, appointments, personal care and leisure activities. The individuals have a mixture of learning disabilities and physical disabilities so some moving and handling will be required.
Previous experience of complex care is also essential.
Team Leader Job role:-
To work as part of the management team promoting a needs led outcome focused support service ensuring that the team of support staff are providing practical assistance and support to people to fulfil their maximum potential and have valued lives and right of citizenship in the communities where they live.
Responsibilities of the Team Leader:-
- To undertake needs assessment and risk assessments, developing with each person an outcome based support plan and person centred plan which are reviewed and updated regularly according to schedule.
- To complete, file and maintain records, including assessment and support plans, case file notes, communication logs, risk assessment, incident reports, petty cash/finance records.
- To record and communicate to others the wishes and needs of people they support where appropriate. Facilitate the people we support in decision making, promoting choice and involvement.
- To assist the Support Manager in ensuring that our client’s Policies and Procedures, “Quality Assurance Procedures”. CQC standards and Health and Safety requirements are adhered to and participate in the reviews of the people we support.
- To assist with producing, maintaining, and managing of the staff roster. Ensuring the rota and staffing levels meet the needs of the people we support and are within the authorised limits of resource.
- To assist the Support Manager with recruitment and selection of Support Workers
- To direct support workers in their duties and undertake 1 to 1 meetings, performance review and observations of support workers with direction from the Support Manager
- Ensure all staff receive an induction and complete relevant training to comply with CQC and to meet the needs of the people supported.
- To monitor and promote each person’s health and well being.
- To promote a healthy lifestyle and assist people our client support to participate in their chosen social, educational, leisure and sporting activities in the local community.
Skills and Experience of the Team Leader:-
- Experience supporting adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs
- Able to work flexibly on a 7-day rota
- Skills and interests in direct line management of staff and developing others
- People that share our values
- Excellent communication including verbal, written and IT skills
- Excellent time management and organisation
- Full UK driving license and own car
- Have (or be willing to work towards) a level 3 Qualifications & Credit Framework Diploma (QCF)
Benefits with the Team Leader role:-
- 28 days paid holiday per year (inc. bank holidays)*
- Make a genuine difference to someone's life
- Blue Light Card
- Pension scheme
- Sleep in & bank holiday payment enhancements
- Fantastic training and development
- Paid for DBS
- Refer a friend scheme (earning £100 - £400 per referral)
As part of the management team you need to have excellent communication including verbal, written and IT skills and be organised, and plan your time effectively.
You will be a driver, with access to a car, as you will be required to take part in the out of hours on-call rota and travel for training.
Apply today for more information
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Health, Nursing
Less than 1 year