The main purpose of the role will be to undertake the day-to-day maintenance of, and repairs to, wastewater treatment works, sludge treatment centres and pumping stations to ensure all environmental, quality and customer service standards are met, whilst meeting H&S legislation and achieving budgetary targets.
This is a full-time, permanent role with an attractive salary rising up to £35k, depending on experience as well as a company van and a wide range of company benefits.
- To undertake reactive and planned maintenance of plant and equipment on a daily basis
- To coach, train and develop staff under their supervision
- To install new plant and equipment as required
- Provide technical expertise to Internal & External contractors
- To respond to alarms and fault find to identify issues, fix these or escalate if required
- To carry out inspection and test on electrical equipment following company procedures.
- To gain quotations for parts, equipment or from contractors for work to be carried out
- To provide self-quotations for work to be carried out, so assessment can be made against contractor prices
- To identify possible future risks and recommend changes in the course of their day-to-day work and to raise these for resolution as required
- Level 3 NVQ in Electrical Installation or equivalent (such as City & Guilds) is ESSENTIAL
- Knowledge or experience of pumping station operation and the waste water treatment process but this is not essential.
- Please note you must have a full clean driving licence as the role will include visiting sites all over West Sussex. You will also be working a 1 in 7 standby rota and a DBS check will be undertaken.
- Salary approx. £33k with opportunity to rise to £35k very quickly
- Company van and tools provided
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Excellent company pension
- Monday to Friday - 38 hour working week
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other