The position is established within the Weapons Operating Centre and is responsible for the delivery and in-service support of munitions and weapon systems used by the Royal Navy, the Army and the Royal Air Force.
This exciting role is also responsible for the provision of test and evaluation services for a wide range of military equipment by the Trials, Evaluation Services and Targets (TEST) Project Team, and the delivery of civilian and military registered aviation services to the military, especially for the Empire Test Pilot School.
The engineering team encourages the personal and professional development of all its members and our engineers currently work within a functional management construct. Please be advised that in accordance with the business need, deployments to other teams/locations may be required.
Please also be advised that due to the nature of security, this post is reserved for sole UK nationals only.
As the Engineering Establishment Manager, you will learn the DE&S business and be able to use your sound engineering knowledge to understand and analyse existing and emerging trends and constraints in relation to the engineering team as well as the requirements of the frontline customers.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Essential oversight of the contractor's delivery of the Long Term Partnering Agreement (LTPA) capabilities on a site-specific basis
- SME oversight and delivery of the safe operation of the MOD Land, Test Evaluation Research and Proof ranges, by the contractor
- Planning and conducting annual range inspections, on a site-specific basis, and production of subsequent reports and recommendations
- Oversight and advice to the contractor on the delivery of hard and soft FM in accordance with legislative policies and MOD policies
- Assisting in the planning and delivery of the TEST LTPA establishment strategy and estate optimisation programme
- Developing and implementing processes for the above activities
- Assisting with audits across a variety of differing capabilities (e.g. aerodromes, weapons, ranges and facilities) located around the UK
- Ensuring solutions are clearly defined, integrated, configured, controlled and delivered, including resolution of conflicts and integrations issues
- Ensuring site-specific MOD risks and opportunities are captured and actively managed
We are looking for you to have experience operating as a team member in a complex organisation and you must demonstrate a breadth of experience across multiple disciplines and environments. You will oversee large and/or complex processes to meet customer requirements within realistic constraints, whilst identifying inter dependencies between multiple issues in complex delivery environments.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application, you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* You will have a demonstrable background in the operation, maintenance and inspection of defence land ranges
* You will hold a relevant Level 4 (or higher) qualification or will demonstrate equivalent experience
* You will have knowledge of safety and environmental regulations
* You will demonstrate experience of working within major project environments, including planning, performance reporting and the development of business processes
* You will have experience of providing technical advice and leading the delivery of successful engineering outcomes
It would benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* You will have demonstrable experience in trials and evaluation
* You will have knowledge and experience in the delivery of hard/soft facilities management
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Technical Decision Making - Practitioner
* Complies with Systems Safety requirements - Practitioner
* Communicating and influencing
* Changing and improving
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check.
Open to UK nationals only.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other