Job Title: FPGA Design Engineer
6 month initial contract
SC clearance Required
Up to £70 per hour Umbrella
Overview of department:
For this role, we are seeking an experienced FPGA design and verification engineer (~4+ years), to support the development of our growing portfolio of complex FPGA projects. The current portfolio ranges from advanced signal processing systems (Image\Radio), core embedded processing systems, through to safety & security critical systems.
The role involves working at all phases of the FPGA design and verification cycle; hence, the candidate would be responsible some of the following key activities:
- Generating complex FPGA architectures and design implementations (VHDL, Simulink etc), targeting Xilinx, Intel, Microsemi devices.
- Verifying complex FPGA implementations using VHDL and System Verilog\UVM test-bench methodologies.
- Using FPGA design toolsets and Mentor verification tools (QuestaSim & ModelSim).
- Generating low-level software (C) to facilitate FPGA test and integration with the wider embedded system.
- Configuring and Documenting designs to a high professional standard.
- Working as part of a multidiscipline team to deliver complex FPGA based projects.
- Ideally we are looking for candidates that are degree qualified (or equivalent) with significant experience in FPGA development.
- Competent VHDL Language and Design Skills.
- Competent Verification Skills using VHDL and SystemVerilog methodologies
- A deep proven level of experience designing for Xilinx, Intel or Microsemi FPGAs
- Experience of professionally configuring and documenting designs
- Experience of working as part of a large multidiscipline team
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other