- Previous experience of working within energy brokerage/consultancy/procurement
- Please do NOT put forward sales-focused candidates, Business Development Managers, etc. These candidates are not a good match for the role at us.
The Consultant at is essentially a technical advisor. Consultants advise their clients on how to reduce costs by better procurement of gas, electricity and water and by advising them on how to reduce energy and water consumption.
Open to the size of the company these candidates have come through.
Looking for candidates who have very similar experience-numerical/ customers/ suppliers. They will be working with around 30 accounts - Variety of clients-from SME, to huge corporate companies, housing associations.
Team set up:
Will be reporting to the Lead Consultant
Working with 4 others.
2 F2F interviews with a presentation potentially during the second interview
- There is a discretionary commission structure - will be discussed at interview
- On-site parking
- Experienced person £30,000 to £40,000 per annum, depending on skills and experience.
- Graduate Trainee £18,000 to £23,000 per annum, depending on skills and experience.
We are looking for a vibrant experienced Consultant Cost Analyst to join our expanding business. We also would be interested in talented graduates with a background in an accountancy, finance, business, numerical or analytical background.
We have been helping clients become more profitable for over 22 years by providing them with independent advice on their utility costs. Clients who have used our services include many well-known names such as Whyte & Mackay, Walkers Shortbread, the SEC, Rangers and Celtic football clubs, Trespass, De Vere Hotels, Aegon, Shelter and other large organisations throughout the UK. We manage and reduce our clients’ energy, water and other costs through procurement and invoice management of their complex utility and property portfolios.
- You will come with a background of working within energy brokerage, consultancy or procurement. Applicants with a financial or analytical background are also welcomed.
- You will have an interest in data manipulation as analysis of large data sets and working with figures daily is a key part of this role.
- 75% worktime will be deskbound with 25% client facing.
- You will be highly proficient with Excel as this is a key tool used for the role.
- Ideally, you will have some client facing experience or be happy to speak with clients on a regular basis and the ability to build strong client relationships
- You will have excellent computer skills and be experienced in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. Ability to quickly learn new database systems and our other internal systems is also essential.
- Good organisational skills and ability to work independently are a must, as the role will involve being solely responsible for your own portfolio of clients.
- Experience of working towards pre-determined key performance indicators is preferable
- A high level of numeracy is critical to the role, as is numerical accuracy
- A high standard of formal, written English is required. The role requires some report writing and extensive use of email.
- Able to manage a diverse number of stakeholders internally and externally
- Possess excellent customer focused skills and experience of interfacing with clients both on the phone and face to face or be able to meet this key challenge of the role
- Ability to cope well under pressure and deal with a diverse workload
- An important part of the role is negotiating with a variety of suppliers to get best value for money for our clients. Skills in that area are very important.
- Managing the energy and water accounts for a portfolio of clients
- Account and relationship management
- Identifying and implementing savings and solutions for clients
- Completing comprehensive audits, reports and meetings
- Working closely with the team of consultants, analysts and advisors
- Carrying out procurements for utility services, including providing advice on strategy, purchasing options, markets and projections
- Data analysis and consumption and cost reporting
- Carrying out additional project work such as new utility connections and upgrades
- Invoicing audits and validation
- Managing billing errors and disputes, including liaising with utility suppliers to resolve issues
- Assisting with compliance management, including CRC, ESOS, CCA
- Expected to keep up with all relevant industry and regulatory changes