Leading programme management consultancy seeks a Forensic Planner with experience of working on a major rail programmes, ideally underground rail, for an initial 6 month contract which could he extended by another 6 months.
As the Forensic Planner, you will undertake time impact analysis to understand delays which have occurred in construction programme periods. Assess and formulate the impact of each issue on the construction programme as a whole. The Forensic planner will work in conjunction with the project team and contractor to produce a report which identifies the delays on the critical path activities and recommend accountability's for the the delays.
- Plan and manage complex multi-project programme time schedules to ensure delivery of intended business benefits.
- Analyse, review and highlight critical time schedule issues and ensure viable resolution plans are in place.
- Act as coordination lead for the production of outward facing topical summary reports discussing programme/project progress, critical issues, impact and mitigation.
- Establish and maintain a highly motivated programme planning team.
- Management of the implementation of planning work processes and procedures in accordance with Pathway and otherwise approved deviations.
- Provide direction and supervision to any assigned project planners and / or possess extensive technical expertise.
- Establish and maintain a good, professional and pro-active relationship with other project management/ planning teams.
- Conduct Project Controls orientation/training sessions for Programme team(s) and assist Senior management with the interpretation of periodic time schedule/cost reports.
- Liaise with Senior Planning Managers other Planning Managers & Planning Assistants regarding common planning issues for the purpose of providing a common solution for all parties.
- Analysis of programme controls data and create summary programme reports/analysis for Senior Managers/Sponsors.
- Assess the need for change to planning processes and methods and implement changes to deliver improved performance.
- Assess contractual schedules and compensation events and support the business in schedule related commercial aspects.
- Extensive knowledge of undertaking forensic time impact analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of NEC contractual obligations related to time delays and attributions.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of capital projects and programmes with an emphasis on Planning and how this supports and integrates with a wider high functioning environment.
- Knowledge of the professional disciplines of programme and project management in the context of complex capital projects with expertise in Planning.
- Knowledge of different Commercial arrangements, NEC contractual obligations and their impact of project controls management with an emphasis on Planning methodology. Namely track, signalling, stations, civils or surface projects.
- Awareness of safety issues in an operational environment.
- Sound knowledge of relevant project planning software.
To apply is easy, contact Oli for more information or just simply apply online
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other