Our client specialises in the design, manufacture and installation of complex, high end Laboratory testing equipment. As part of this growth, we are pleased to announce a new position for a Mechanical Engineer.
This is a Professional Technical position and will be responsible for conducting research and development activities across a wide range of new and cutting-edge products. You will be applying theories, principles, and models when conducting experiments and research activities.
The overriding goal of the Engineer is to summarize research results and communicate the findings to internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate would have strong levels of experience within Mechanical engineering and have undertaken Design and Research activities for multiple clients across a range of complex products.
What we are looking for…
- Support the development of products through knowledge of the performance requirements, including all aspects of the product design criteria, product function and customer needs
- Ensure quality in a product's design for usability, reliability, functionality, marketability, and manufacturability
- Support efforts to verify and validate new product designs
- Apply design to cost and design for manufacturability methods to support project leaders in achievement of project objectives
- Contribute as a team member on development projects carrying out assigned responsibilities in a timely, diligent, safe, and professional manner
- Support the organization's intellectual property strategy by documenting data and independent, unique and patentable ideas that results from experimentations and concept generation activities
- Ensure a safe, healthy and environmentally friendly workplace by observing Company's procedures and corresponding regulations
What will convince us:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science, Master's degree preferred - or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge within product design and development with a solid understanding of the product lifecycle
- Ability to model and design in Inventor or similar 3D CAD environment
- Experience of Pressure Vessel design
- Able to identify, break down and solve a variety of difficult technical problems
- Strong aptitude for hands-on engineering testing and experimentation in a lab/shop environment
- Disciplined and well-organized in documentation (plans, requirements, drawings, design reviews, and test methods)
- Experience working with ISO requirements and other relevant guidelines and regulations
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other