Due to our clients unprecedented success, we are seeking an experienced Design Engineer who will be working on a wide range of designs for our upcoming projects. This role will encompass everything from small client-requested adjustments for existing products to full R+D projects on brand new to market solutions.
The ideal candidate will have experience in pressure vessel design and codes, machined and fabricated components or strong experience designing with plastics, stainless steels and weld detail.
What you will be doing…
- Developing 3D models and 2D manufacturing drawings using Inventor
- Supporting the development of products with understanding of performance requirements, including all aspects of the product design criteria, product function and customer needs
- Ensuring quality in a product's design for usability, reliability, functionality, marketability and ease of manufacture
- Supporting efforts to verify and validate new product designs
- Applying design to cost and design for manufacturability methods to support project managers in achievement of project objectives
- Contributing as a team member on projects carrying out assigned responsibilities
- Working collaboratively with other team members in all aspects of work, including observing all Health and Safety measures
What we are ideally looking for.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science; Master's degree preferred
- Strong relevant experience in product design and development with a solid understanding of the product lifecycle
- Demonstrable experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to identify, break down and solve a variety of difficult technical problems
- Strong aptitude for hands-on engineering
- Disciplined and well-organized in documentation (plans, requirements, drawings, design reviews)
- Experience working with ISO requirements and other relevant guidelines and regulations
- Experienced in using CAD Inventor
- Team player with good communication skills
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other