Power and Propulsion Engineer (Electrical) - 6 month contract - Glasgow - £38.85 ph UMB or £30.23ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
Clearance Requirements & Eligibility
This role requires you to obtain a Criminal Record Check along with reference checks before starting.
- Participate fully in developing, maintaining and modifying engineering processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational need.
- Carry out relatively complex technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems and the improvement of engineering capability.
- Prepare specifications, develop designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained.
- Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
- Manage assigned budgets and lead, develop and motivate assigned employees to ensure they are aware of and capable of delivering their accountabilities.
Essential Knowledge of:
- Electrical Generation and Quality of Supply
- HV Distribution and Electrical Safety
- HV and High Power Protection Systems and Earthing Systems
- HV and High Power Cabling and cable routing
- High Power Electric Drives and Speed Control
- 5 Years' experience in engineering or a defence related industry.
- Experience of liaising with external stakeholders.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of most aspects within current discipline.
- Ability to coach, mentor & assist others.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other