Systems Development Officer
My client witihin the public sector is seeking to appoint an inspirational and enthusiastic Systems Development Officer to join the MIS department, you will write and update reports, maintain existing systems and implement new systems.
Main duties include:
- Assist with the report writing/maintenance workload utilising technologies appropriate to the task including Microsoft Visual Studio and SSRS.
- Assist with cross system reporting and linking disparate systems.
- Where new tools need to be developed ensure that these are written in the most appropriate language and the development is sustainable working within the frameworks in place.
- Assist in the analysis and review of key MIS bespoke/legacy programs/reports and system upgrades.
- Work with the other members of the Reporting and Development team to ensure that all in-use systems are documented from the perspective of user, technical overview and deep technical level.
The successful candidate will have:
- Maths & English GCSE / Level 2 equivalent (achieved or willing to obtain).
- Experience of developing reports using Microsoft Visual Studio, MS SQL Server and SSRS.
- Ability to write and maintain complex SQL
- Degree level qualification in programming/software engineering discipline, or an IT or information systems subject is desirable
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other