Join an integral part of the UK's Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces' equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food, and ammunition. If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our country's armed forces to deliver on operations at home and abroad, then apply online now!
We recognise the challenges that people with (multiple) protected characteristics may experience on the job market and in their career progression. We are fully committed to being an inclusive employer and ensuring equal opportunities. We are keen to make our workforce as diverse as possible, and we hope to attract applications from underrepresented groups, including people with a disability, and people with gender diverse identities.
You will be based out of the location listed above in the advert, however, DE&S supports Smarter working, which empowers you to make decisions about when, where and how you work.
Are you a Communications Engineer with knowledge of communications systems and architecture? Are you interested in cutting edge technology and eager to support military platforms and systems? If so, we have an opportunity offering exactly what you are looking for!
We at DE&S have a position available for several Communications Engineers to join our team in Bristol, one of our priority vacancies is against the support needed for Project Guardian.
Project Guardian is a defence Command and Control system that delivers state of the art air traffic services. It co-ordinates a complex network of radio and radar devices, across 145 sites and is a key component in delivering new capabilities to improve our communication across our UK locations.
The successful candidate will support the engineering related activities of the project which includes both upgrade and in-service support tasks.
Other similar projects within Integrated Battlespace Operating Centre (IBOC) exist, focusing on wider Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition and Recognisance (ISTAR) skillsets.
The responsibilities of these posts will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Manage engineering technical requirements (definition, architecture, integration, contract assessment and change management).
- Support the delivery of Facility and Infrastructure services
- Develop and maintain system requirements including in-service support.
- Determine quality management and assurance approaches and ensure technical risks are understood and managed.
- Participate in identification, selection, evaluation, performance verification and demonstrations within their technical area.
- Produce and contribute to Engineering Management and Specialist Engineering Plans
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Relevant Level 4 (or higher) qualification in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience of engineering in a work environment
- Technical experience in their discipline or specialist area in a variety of contexts.
- Knowledge of communications systems and/or systems architecture
It would benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
- Previous experience within a defence or military background
- Member of a relevant Professional Engineering / Science Institute or equivalent body.
- Experience in a Project delivery environment
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Technical Requirements, Evaluation & Acceptance
- Technical Decision Making
- Communicating and influencing
- Seeing the big picture
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other