Surveyor needed in Newbury £15.78ph PAYE - Reference:5179644
- Carry out inspections of all types of Commercial to Residential Conversions (from plan and on site) and to initiate appropriate actions as a result; to ensure such premises comply with current Regulations and associated Legislation.
- Liaise with appropriate bodies such as Planning and Building Control.
- Respond to service requests, complaints and formal notifications relating to Commercial to Residential Conversions
- Conduct inspections leading to the production of reports for consideration by Senior Managers.
- Assist with the investigations leading to the production of reports for the Public Protection Partnership – Joint Case Management including conducting interviews under caution, witness handling, evidence gathering and preparing for and attending court or tribunal.
- Take the lead on research into specialist topics and disseminate information to colleagues in relation to Commercial to Residential Conversions.
- To undertake any such other work as the PPP determine as being compatible with the responsibility levels of the post
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with clients, colleagues and external agencies.
- Be an advocate for the values and work of the PPP
- The post holder may be required, occasionally, to carry out duties at unsociable hours for which either separate payment or time off in-lieu will be paid. This will be at the discretion of the Public Protection Manager
- To promote equality as an integral part of the role and to treat everyone with fairness and dignity.
- To recognise health and safety is a responsibility of every employee, to take reasonable care of self and others and to comply with the WBC Health and Safety policy and any service-specific procedures / rules that apply to this role.
The post holder may be working across a wide range of Public Protection functions
This is working Full time hours on a temporary contract basis
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services