Senior Test Systems Engineer - 12 month contract - Broad Oak (Portsmouth) - £48.74 ph UMB or £37.93 ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
Clearance Requirements & Eligibility
This role requires you to obtain a Criminal Record Check along with reference checks before starting.
- Interact with Project Management, System Design Authority, Production Engineering Manager and Production Management as required.
- Lead test solution engineering projects from requirements definition through to delivery.
- Produce Test Instructions for manufacturing to cover the production steps and the required calibration testing to provide appropriate design assurance.
- Review of Design and drawing suitability for production.
- Implement design changes and provide post-delivery support and resolve obsolescence issues.
- Conducting all activities in a professional manner delivering design solutions to meet project or business milestones
- Ensuring that work is undertaken in accordance with Company, Safety, Environmental, contractual and local business processes, standards, procedures and documentation
- Drafting, vetting and editing technical reports or other documents relevant to, or required by, a particular task in order to ensure that technical findings can be successfully communicated with recipients
- Maintaining accurate records of all manufacturing test equipment design related work in accordance with relevant extant procedures to ensure a complete design record of work undertaken
- Ensuring adequate integration with other engineering functions involved with a particular task or program of work to ensure all aspects of the design solution are considered
- Liaison with test facilities, sub-contractors and customers as required to satisfy the needs of project or the business
- Experienced in producing suitable documentation in 2D drafting (Visio/Autocad) for basic production and manufacturing documentation.
- Experience in ATE Software and Graphical User interface creation and use, using LabView Lab, TestStand by National Instruments within Windows 10 operating system.
- Understanding of the design process in order to support Design for Test.
- Good Understanding of Product Safety and SHE and the participation in HAZIDs.
- Knowledge and experience in production test techniques.
- Understanding of Microwave measurement techniques.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other