You will report directly to the Quality and Takeover Lead and the responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the H&S team in matters of electrical safety.
- Authorising and administration of electrical safety rules. Maintenance of rules in line with legislative, regulatory or industry changes.
- Providing professional and technical guidance on electrical construction & electrical contracting delivery.
- Owns, interprets, administers and monitors use of the JV LV Electrical Safety Rules.
- Ensuring that any amendments to the JV LV Electrical Safety Rules are brought to the attention of, and are understood by, all JV Responsible Persons, and JV Authorised Persons.
- Interview, train and competence assess potential JV Authorised Persons and subsequent appointment.
- Undertakes AP audits and annual appraisals.
- Conducts the audit set out in the Institute of Engineering and Technology's (IET) Code Of Practice for Electrical Safety Management annually or on significant change of the electrical management system
- Works with procurement staff to assist in the competence vetting of JV supply chain partners.
- Involvement with key stakeholders for related SSOW's such as Hydraulics and ATEX/DSEAR.
- Maintaining the identity and importance of the Electrical Safety Rules to the wider business. Electrical safety awareness training for PM's and Construction Managers.
- Attendance on client national Authorising Engineer review panels.
- Working with our supply chains in areas of quality management and review and comment upon NICEIC and BS7671 model forms of certification.
- Registered with a relevant engineering institution as a Chartered Engineer. Incorporated Engineer will be considered based on additional experience.
- Several Years on-site experience within the Electrical Installation industry.
- Recent experience of working as an Authorising Engineer or an Electrical Site Supervisor.
- Master's Degree or Bachelor's Degree. HND or HNC in Electrical Engineering or similar qualification will be considered based on additional experience.
- Good technical background with respect to Low Voltage systems (BS7671) and earthing systems (BS7430)
- HV awareness.
- Experienced in verifying safe systems of work
- Must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of UK health and safety legislation and an ability to carry out risk assessments and propose actions for risk control/management
- IET Wiring Regulation - 18th Edition certification.
- A competitive salary (£50-55k)
- Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Private medical Insurance
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other