Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
The company are looking for a Software Project Lead to join a successful and growing team.
As a Software Project Lead who will connect with the multi-disciplined project environments, including mechanical, electronic design, software design and development and manufacturing.
The Software Project Lead will be tasked with supplying software into a wide range of test solutions. You will be joining a busy and fast paced department in a transformation towards being a modern Software Development group!
As the Software Project Lead you will pick up skills in areas such as automation, simulation, data analysis and Agile where the company are transforming the way they work. You will be delivering to Projects and supporting the Manufacturing Line providing the opportunity to engage with a wide range of the company's people and departments.
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- A technical/software background with experience working in a technology environment where quality and accuracy of work is crucial.
- Experience in AGILE/SCRUM/DevOps methods of software development
- Leadership experience, the ability to lead a small team of Software Developers, typically 5-10 software developers.
- Experience of reporting progress through agile metrics such as burnup charts, team velocity, cycle times and work-load-forecast.
- Experience of continuous build, integration and delivery pipeline automation using industry leading toolsets.
- History of improving teams through strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Experience in coordinating resources through the process of planning, organising and controlling in order to deliver software on time with validated quality.
- Good communication skills, the ability to communicate with team members at all levels.
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous.
- Advocate in Agile and Scrum methodology.
- Experience in a production / manufacturing environment.
For full information, please get in touch!
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other