Purchasing Assistant / Junior Buyer (North Yorkshire) – Permanent!
£25,000 - £30,000 per annum – 40 hours per week
*Career progression/development opportunities available
*Opportunity to work for a leading manufacturer
*Be part of a strong, welcoming team
- Purchasing materials for production and aftersales
- Managing in liaison with Sales and Production the material availability in line with the Production Schedule.
- Helping to manage the inventory parameters, mostly Item Master File Data to ensure that the re-order process delivers the availability and inventory levels required as the business grows.
- Responsible for executing purchase orders in collaboration with the Purchasing Manager
- Individual must also work with the onsite logistics team to ensure the physical logistics and associated processes are aligned to ensure accurate stock positions as these are driving the re-order process for most of the material.
You must be:
- Capable of developing and improving systems as well as just using them.
- Interested in being influential in the supply chain from sourcing through to delivery on-line.
- Capable of working across several areas by collaboration and interpersonal skill.
- Passionate about making a difference to a new business from the start.
- Organised and pro-active.
- Capable of working to various planning horizons
- Capable of developing the ability to use engineering drawings and working closely with the engineering personnel to ensure part specs are met and quality assured.
Ideally you would have:
- Some purchasing experience in a relevant industry.
- Some material planning and control experience.
- NVQ or similar in Supply Chain or Procurement.
- A wiliness to undergo further training and development
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
- Supply Chain/Logistics, Management
- Quality - Engineering, Management
- Design - Engineer, Management
- Maintenance – Technician, Engineer, Management
- Production / Process Engineering
- Health, Safety & Environmental
- Project Engineering, Management
- Leadership and Management
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing