- Manage and take responsibility for branch, including other departments, working in conjunction with the Director UK Wastewater Services to devise and implement strategy and tactics to maximise sales and profit opportunities with both new, potential and existing customers.
- Manage branch team to ensure efficient and effective delivery to time, cost and quality. Effectively co-ordinating the activities of the branch team in order to maximise the efficiency of the branch, ensuring operational key performance indicators are established and standards achieved.
- Responsibility for the Sales of their Operation, thus promoting and driving sales and continued business growth. This will include customer relationship management.
- Day to day management of the operation to meet strategic objectives and develop the Operation as a profit centre to make the maximum contributions to financial success.
- Develop and performance manage employees to increase responsibilities to better contribute to the business and provide employee career development, proactively managing and assisting with personnel matters.
- Responsible for efficient management of major projects and act as the Key Account Manager and point of contact with clients.
- Take a key role within the management team, assisting in high level decision making where required.
- Responsible for all elements of P&L for the branch, including all financial and operational reporting.
- Encourage and develop relationships with all stakeholder groups.
- Responsible for the site, its assets, real estate maintenance and safe systems of work.
- Promote business wide objectives and support Business development.
- Be responsible for, have knowledge of and ensure compliance with all legal and Health and Safety requirements across the business to ensure a safe working environment. In conjunction with the Compliance Manager ensure that all Company policies and procedures for ISO9001, ISO14001 are implemented.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- Current valid driving license.
- Some traveling which may require overnight stays.
- Participate in emergency cover rotation. Requires being on call for a week at a time including over a weekend or bank holiday every few months.
- Able to carry out work tasks that involve physical strength, stamina, standing, kneeling or crouching.
- Engineering qualified to Degree/HND or equivalent or qualified by experience.
- Strong experience working on industrial equipment/engineering equipment preferable in a service environment or engineering related business. Water industry/environmental experience preferred.
- Confined spaces to City and Guilds preferred.
- A proven manager with Management qualification or experience managing a team for successful delivery of time critical projects.
- Sound knowledge of Industrial mechanical installation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety issues in connection with the construction industry and can enforce throughout the company.
Skills & Attributes
- Leadership skills.
- Self-driven/motivated with the ability to prioritise own workload and that of employees.
- Work in a systematic and organised manner to complete work within set deadlines.
- Project planning and coordination.
- Ability to carry out site inspections and compile survey reports.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to undertake risk assessments.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Salary up to £60k depending on experience
- Company Car
- Company pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other