This role will be responsible for the delivery of new installation contracted works. Managing and leading the specified Area of Responsibility's Project Team, internal departments and site labour to facilitate the completion of installation and refurbishment works in the applicable region, along with the fostering of closer working relationships with all customers in order to deliver efficient and profitable projects across the Area of Responsibility, to time, to cost and up to our clients' quality standards.
This role will involve significant project planning, customer liaison, leadership and good management of engineering project teams including project and service engineers working with and repairing wastewater equipment for Water Utility companies in the UK.
- Take ownership of all assigned jobs and lead the Projects Team to deliver them.
- Coordinate all 'Area of Responsibility' activities and be responsible for the effective management of all assigned projects within the area of responsibility to deliver a quality service which meets or exceeds customer's expectations.
- Carry out site inspections and compile survey reports for quotation purposes.
- Ensure that you and any Project Managers working with you initiate, plan, execute, control and closeout projects to meet defined project parameters and use/update all jobs on the Company software as required.
- Estimate jobs within contractual time constraints, producing solutions and quotations for customers ensuring maximum profits whilst maintaining quality standards and excellent customer service.
- Provide specific job costings and implement financial controls where needed.
- Ensure effective leadership and management e.g. to time, quality, efficiencies, cost and other defined parameters. This includes the strict management of on-site staff under your control i.e. overtime, safety, quality etc.
- Provide detailed project reports including GANNT charts on request and be prepared to brief on your Area of Responsibility on the weekly Operations Coordination meeting.
- Liaise and support all other departments as needed in order to support client business objectives and develop the forward progression of the Company. Cross utilisation of manpower and assets.
- Maximise sales opportunities by offering innovative solutions to customers and encouraging all personnel to do the same.
- Utilize a consultative, problem solving approach and offer a solution orientated approach leading to excellent customer satisfaction.
- To be responsible for the profit and loss of the projects.
- Within your Area of Responsibility; to ensure that all the Company policies and procedures for ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 are implemented and that regulations on health and safety are adhered to in order to maintain a safe working environment. This will include any customer's specific regulations.
- Engineering qualified to Degree/HND or equivalent or qualified by experience.
- Some years' experience working on industrial equipment/engineering equipment. Water industry/environmental experience required.
- Knowledge of NEC 3 / 4 Contracts.
- Project Management qualification
- Project management trained with experience in project management, planning and coordination.
- Success in delivering engineering projects to tight deadlines.
- A proven manager with several years of experience managing a team for successful delivery of time critical projects engineering projects.
- Confined spaces to City and Guilds - preferred.
- Manual handling qualification - preferred.
- Sound knowledge of Industrial mechanical installation and maintenance.
- Installation, commissioning and setting up of mechanical/electrical equipment and controls.
- Knowledge of wastewater screens and the systems and processes within which they work.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety issues in connection with the construction industry.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and staff. Work in a systematic and organised manner to complete work within set deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to undertake risk assessments.
- Operating GANNT charts Microsoft Project experience
- Good business acumen.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and customer service skills.
- Salary of up to £50k depending on experience
- 23 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Company pension
- Role is Portland based but some WFH may be considered
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other