Engineering Project Manager - 6 month contract - Rochester - £56.25ph UMB or £43.77ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
This role requires you to obtain a Criminal Record Check along with reference checks before starting.
Engineering Project Manager:
Would you like to be in a key role which contributes to the successful delivery of various projects whilst utilising the newest defence technology on the market?
We currently have a vacancy for an Engineering Project Manager at our site in Rochester.
As an Engineering Project Manager, you will be responsible for developing the strategy for and executing engineering projects following lifecycle management guidelines. You will ensure that projects are within budget; delivered on time by meeting all milestones and that projects are meeting all of our customer's requirements, whilst maintaining regular engagement with our customers throughout the process.
Your main responsibilities as an Engineering Project Manager will involve:
- Developing, maintaining and executing an engineering development strategy for the project using the principles of incremental and agile development
- Owning the engineering budgets, ensuring adherence to the schedule and reviewing the quality of the product designed; making sure it is fit for purpose and compliant with customer requirements
- Taking the lead on the engineering risks and mitigation strategies
- Developing and maintain the Engineering Management Plan (EMP) describing all aspects of engineering work for the programme, including programme tailoring
- Supporting the development of subcontracted items, developing and implementing a strategy to ensure they are successful
- Owning the 'Design Fors' with focus on design for Life, including manufacturing, testing, reliability and maintainability
- Leading and making technical decisions for the project, identifying and trading the various factors involved
- Utilising Maturity Management (supported by Earned Value) to validate the correctness of work being produced by the team
Your skills and qualifications as an Engineering Project Manager:
- Demonstrable experience leading a team in at least one key Engineering discipline (ideally having performed a cross functional team leading role)
- Technical knowledge of electronic systems
- Demonstrable experience managing the costs for the engineering work within the allocated budget
- Experience articulating engineering strategy and motivate teams to realise it
- Demonstrable experience managing and mitigating risks utilising specific techniques for engineering projects
What we're looking for in you:
- An adaptable/flexible individual who knows how to get things done.
- A sound engineering background.
- Knowledge/experience of Project monitoring and control techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Confidence, with an inbuilt drive to succeed.
- Knowledge/experience of solving problems, preferably by employing formal techniques
- Exceptional communication skills
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with your team, the customer and various stakeholder groups.
- British National is required.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other