Position Design Coordinator
Salary up to £49K
Location Central London
My client has had an exciting opportunity for a Design Coordinator to join their design team on a £40m mixed use residential project near Bayswater. The project consists of circa 30 residential units a gallery and retail units. Reporting to the Senior Design Manager, this position will be responsible for providing design and technical support to the project.
- Understand the client’s brief, ER’s, specification and drawings & as far as practicable ensure the project is built accordingly, assisting in the resolution of any ER discrepancies with the commercial team as they arise
- Assist in setting up document control & information portals / systems with Document Controller.
- Assist with preparing trackers to manage the full build process using the pro-formas from the Intranet.
- Understand the Design Risk Assessment (DRA) and assist in the ongoing Technical Audits.
- Assist in the management of the information release schedule (IRS) Building and MEP using ACL pro forma documents.
- Assist in the updating of the Risk Register using the ACL pro-forma with the assistance of the design and site team.
- Assist in the development of the procurement schedule and be actively involved in the procurement process for all of the packages commencing with the Consultants Appointments.
- Attend design team meetings and prepare minutes.
- Assist in tracking the design development process, using CDCP, RFI protocols, etc. including CDP packages.
- Understand the requirements of BREEAM and help manage the process through the appointed consultants looking for best value design to economically meet code compliance.
- Assist with the development of sub-contractors and suppliers’ design/specs with the design team, ensuring that full ER and Statutory compliance is met.
- Assist with the co-ordination of drawings & checking they comply with the ER’s and Standards.
- Review the issued info to ensuring the standard is correct and fully detailed with ‘For Construction Status’
- Take part in the sampling process and technical submissions including the production of the samples sign off pro forma.
- Assist in the production and collation of the O & M manuals.
- Take an active role within the QA process of the project.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience working for a main contractor in a Design Coordinator or Assistant Design Manager position. Ideally you will have demonstrable knowledge of BREEAM, Building Regulations (including PartB) and SMART waste. Ideally you will have architectural or construction management degree, or equivalent and consider yourself to be organised, methodical and proactive
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Construction