Embedded Systems Engineer
I am delighted to be supporting my client in the recruitment of an Embedded Systems Engineer due to growth in the business.
Working with engineers to implement, test and maintain control algorithms and communication protocols for a range of electronics converters.
Salary of an Embedded Systems Engineer
Up to £40,000
Job Description of an Embedded Systems Engineer
- Generation and maintenance of software requirements.
- Generation of software design and documentation.
- Generation of efficient, well structured, annotated software code as defined in the design documentation.
- The production of validation and verification requirements to test if the code has met the requirements of the project.
- The design / modification of embedded processor cards, peripherals, interfaces and I/O circuitry.
- Design software using following communication protocols: TCP/IP, Modbus, Modbus TCP/IP.
- Design of interface software: Serial link, Ethernet, CANbus.
Skills & experience of an Embedded Systems Engineer
- Engineering Degree in software and/or embedded systems related discipline.
- Knowledge of C programming language.
- User of the Real Time operating Systems (RTOS) such as TI RTOS, FreeRTOS.
- User of the source code management software such as SVN, Mercurial, GitHub.
- Knowledge of the signal conditioning, digital and analog circuits, A/D converters, communication links such as UART, I2C, CAN, Ethernet.
- Knowledge of the communication protocols, like Modbus, TCP/IP.
- Fluent user of the oscilloscope and software debuggers.
- Practical experience of debugging electronic circuits.
- Experience in designing of electronic circuits using schematics capture tools, preferable CADSTAR.
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
- Supply Chain/Logistics, Management
- Quality - Engineering, Management
- Design - Engineer, Management
- Maintenance – Technician, Engineer, Management
- Production / Process Engineering
- Health, Safety & Environmental
- Project Engineering, Management
- Leadership and Management
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Electronics