Our client is looking for an experienced Procurement Category Manager to work on a 36 hour per week to start on the 27-11-17 until the 30-06-18 with a likely extension to the contract role:
The role profile is on Facilities Management, Procurement & Market Understanding. Our client is looking for candidates with facilities and global estates experience
Looking for someone to start ASAP.
Purpose of job:
Working closely with key stakeholders in the Estates teams and Regional procurement, develop a Strategy for Estates procurement within for the client, identifying initiatives to be launched within operating regions and manage specific procurement projects and tenders for the delivery of goods and services to meet the operational and project demands and requirements of for the client.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
Plan, manage and deliver procurement projects including,
- Requirement gathering and liaising with all stakeholders to generate strategic options relating to sourcing solutions for Global Estates
- Understand and take into account the dependencies on the requirements
Producing project documentation (project plans, risk and issue registers, highlight and progress reports etc.)
- Develop statement of requirements, pre qualification questionnaires and invitations to tender
- Develop evaluation criteria and assess submissions against the agreed evaluation plan
- Negotiate contracts with successful suppliers following competitive process
- Contract management of procurement arrangements to ensure successful outcomes
- Appropriate management and security of all records and documentation
Provide thought leadership and strategic direction in respect of the Estates category portfolio, working closely with cross functional/regional teams to deliver transformational procurement strategies which achieve real service and commercial benefits for the Business
Manage specific projects and/or services effectively through successful management practices such as project definition, resource management and monitoring procedures to ensure project or service objectives are met.
Accountable for risks and issues associated with project implementation, management of the work for the Project team and ensure that all resources associated with that project are effectively managed.
Build and maintain effective relationships with suppliers, key stakeholders and partners through appropriate liaison, communication and guidance to promote British Council’s strategies
To identify and promote best practice within the accountabilities of the projects through presentations, conferences, exhibitions, workshops, journal articles and other appropriate activities
- Self organised with a proactive approach to achieving project milestones and delivering results of the highest value within defined budgets. Manages resources effectively to take account of changing priorities and identifies problems early on with appropriate solutions.
- Seeks out pertinent information from a wide range of resources and collates into a robust structure. Constantly evaluates and uses information to improve work outcomes and test new ideas/implement best practices. Develops strong networks to support information gathering.
- Innovative approach to work where opportunities to apply new thinking to drive improvements are continually explored and put into practice. Prepared to challenge existing ways and methods in a balanced manner and work with other team members to identify innovative solutions
- Able to develop coherent strategies and use a range of techniques for influencing and persuading British Council colleagues, suppliers and key stakeholders. Skilled at managing others to be flexible and support own objectives, whilst attempting to negotiate balanced, win-win results.
- Continually tests and refines specialist procurement knowledge and experience to remain up to date and focused upon specific business needs. Promotes themselves and is held to be an expert in own professional area, and can proactively apply such expertise to enhance performance and outcomes.
- Be flexible about working on new tasks
- Take action to promote a positive team climate
- Uses a variety of tools for collecting and analysing data
- Provides well researched options, using precedents, guidance and legislation
- Lateral thinking – can provide creative solutions to problems
- Takes responsibility for their own actions and contributions
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytic skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Adheres to guidance and applies correct procedures when dealing with the procurement of purchasing of goods and services
Previous experience in a procurement role with designing and procuring facilities management services under different models (managed services, bundled and TFM).
Excellent interpersonal skills: writing, speaking, listening, persuading and influencing and collaborating.
Analytical, evaluative, and financial management abilities with keen attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
Demonstrable relevant work/industry experience in procurement relating to property & facilities management