IT Technical Consultant West Bromwich Job. Responsible for defining the overall structure and delivery of IT systems. Up to £35,000 per annum (negotiable).
Job title: IT Technical Consultant
Location: West Bromwich, West Midlands (80% office based - 20% field based)
Responsible to: IT Manager
Job type: Permanent & Full-Time
Salary: Up to £35,000 (negotiable and dependent on skills/experience)
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
The company has been established 25 years ago and is recognised as one of the largest independent office technology resellers in the UK. The company focuses on market-leading service, forward thinking product offering and putting customer's current and future needs at the forefront of any business development.
They supply a full range of desktop photocopiers, multi-functional printers, business telephone systems, superfast business broadband and IT solutions.
You’ll be responsible for defining the overall structure and delivery of IT systems. You’ll act as Project Manager, overseeing IT assignments that are aimed at improving the business, and ensuring all parts of the project run smoothly. You will work as a high level technical resolver for existing customer and internal systems.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifying the organisation's IT needs and creating technical solutions to fit those needs.
- Able to communicate technical concepts and solutions to customer stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Breaking down large scale projects into manageable chunks.
- Working out which IT products to use based on cost benefit analysis and research.
- Responsible for updating, and resolving IT related issues using support tools.
- Visit customer sites resolving IT related issues. Travel will be required.
- Physically install hardware and peripherals on customer sites.
- Remotely resolve any IT related issues.
- Provide excellent telephone support and customer service.
- Maintain Midshire internal and customers IT infrastructure ensuring service stability and resilience.
- Project manage full IT solutions for customers.
- Responsible for maintenance and delivering accreditations such as ISO27001.
- Ensure certifications are held to preserve/enhance vendor partnerships.
- Work within a team of technical resolvers.
- Mentor colleagues with technical solutions working as a technical lead.
- Support sales team with technical pre-sales activity.
- Co-ordinate own activities with those of other departments and other centre personnel.
- Provide support to other department personnel as required.
- Work with team members to achieve team objectives and provide assistance as needed.
- Promote a positive company attitude and encourage staff to maintain a high level of moral, be courteous and respectful of fellow company personnel.
- Carry out any reasonable duty or task if requested by a Manager or Company Director.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3 years’ minimum experience working in high level technical role. (3rd line support/infrastructure support).
- Current IT related certifications - Microsoft MCSA, MCSE.
- Citrix certification.
- Additional qualifications, such as prince2, ITIL desirable.
- Candidate would ideally have a very good understanding of the following software and hardware platforms, including but not exclusive to: Cloud technologies, Office 365 admin and deployment, Network LAN and WAN connectivity, Windows server operating systems up to 2016, Hyper V, Azure, Citrix, DaaS, Active Directory, Backup technologies, Server hardware, Storage technologies.
- Proven track record in an IT position.
- Knowledge of managed services sector would be desirable.
- Should have a proven track record implementing projects and solutions in an IT support environment.
- Full clean driving licence.
COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Requires an excellent telephone manner with the ability to communicate with users at all levels in a calm, confident, and professional manner.
- Must achieve consistently high levels of customer service and have a desire to constantly enhance client service delivery.
- You will need to be willing to enhance their own knowledge and actively share that knowledge with others
- Required to be self-motivated.
- To promote a positive company attitude and encourage staff to maintain a high level of moral, be courteous and respectful of fellow company personnel.
- The role will require a degree of flexibility. The candidate should be familiar with the demands of a corporate IT environment and the demands of high availability for these systems.
Hours of work - 0830-1730 Monday to Friday - Out of hours work will be a requirement based on customer needs
Salary: On offer for the IT Technical Consultant West Bromwich Job is a basic salary up to £35,000 dependant on skills and experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply for the IT Technical Consultant West Bromwich Job now by clicking on the Apply button below.
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.